Allen Sports Association is excited to announce the addition of a Summer Recreational League to our list of Summer programs. This program is intended for those teams that are looking for ways to continue to play even throughout the summer months. Here are some of the details that will make up this program.
- 8 game season
- Double-headers for 4 weeks. Teams could have weeks with a BYE game.
- 12U/14U games on Monday nights, starting July 10
- 10U (Modified Kid Pitch) games on Thursday nights, starting July 13
- Game times of 6:30 pm and 8:00 pm
- Teams must provide their own softballs
- Governed by ASA 2017 Rule Book, with the following exceptions:
- 75 minute time limit, finish the inning
- 5 run max per half (4 run max for 10U)
- Bat the roster
- Free defensive substitutions
- Courtesy Runner for Pitcher/Catcher will be last batted out
- Games can end in a tie
- No runs ahead rule
- Teams must wear like color uniform shirts, all with numbers
- Only $70 per player
We will be taking a maximum of 8 teams for 10U and a maximum of 4 each for 12U & 14U. Individual player registration is required. Coaches will be required to register as a Coach and will then be provided an invitation code that your players will use to register. There will be no draft option, so players must register directly to a team. Teams will be considered as CONFIRMED once they have at least 8 players registered. Once the league has reached the maximum number of teams, all partial teams will be refunded.
All games will be played on the artificial FieldTurf surface at Allen Station Softball Complex, one of the premier softball facilities in North Texas. Space is going to be extremely limited so you will not want to delay discussing with your team’s parents
Any questions about this new program, don’t hesitate to ask (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we’ll answer them as quickly as we can.