To become a soccer coach, there are additional steps that must be completed.
- All new and returning head coaches, assistant coaches and managers must register online each season in Sports Pilot. All coaches will be placed in the “Draft” folder until all steps have been completed.
- Once registered the ASA staff will create a Got Soccer account and send the username and password via email to each NEW coach.
- After receiving the Got Soccer user name and password via email from ASA all new and returning coaches, assistant coaches and managers must complete the North Texas State Soccer Association (NTSSA) online background check via the Got Soccer website All background checks must be renewed each year after June 1.
Got Soccer Background Check Instructions:
- Go to: https://www.gotsport.com/asp/coaches/login.asp
- Enter username and password sent by email from ASA office staff
- Click the Contact Information tab and make sure all the information is updated
- Click Save
- Click on the Background Checks tab
- Click Check Reports if you feel you have already done this, if no reports are found, click Submit New Report
- Answer questions
- Click Submit (or save)
Once registered and cleared via the Got Soccer website all NEW coaches must get a coaching badge made at the ASA office. Badges will not be issued until team formation is complete. ASA soccer coaches receive a different badge than the rest of the sports. This badge is required by the North Texas State Soccer Association. The soccer badge is renewed every fall season and is good fall through spring.